ELA study abroad and service learning programs combines academic studies, community service and full cultural immersion to give students a deeper, more meaningful study abroad experience.
Your volunteer service immerses you in the culture and deepens your understanding of Spanish society in a way that goes beyond that experienced in traditional study abroad programs. Service Opportunities include: Caristas food shelters, Preschool, Centers for immigrant services
You will spend a volunteer session studying Spanish language and culture living with a host family and engaging in substantive volunteer service for 12-15 hours per week.
- Distinguish yourself by making a difference.
- Chose from a variety of accredited courses in your field of interest so credits count towards college. Participants gain a newfound understanding of other people and their way of life, as well as greater introspection and personal growth. Gain confidence in your abilities to reach new heights.
- Set yourself apart from other students on college applications and work resumes
Earn college credit while studying and working abroad
• Fully accredited programs with Universities in Sevilla
• Learn a foreign language; gain international work experience
• Homestay with a local family
• Extensive on-site program support
• Semester and year-long programs
Academic Opportunities may include: language, history, art, architecture, culture, religion, politics, biology, biodiversity, contemporary social issues, Service-Learning reflections seminar, and more!
Volunteer Service Opportunities may include: conservation work; wildlife sanctuaries; day care centers; orphanages; schools; hospitals and clinics; centers for refugees; facilities for street children; artisans cooperatives; housing advocacy centers, and much more!
ELA Gap programs include:
- Airport pick-up
- Intercultural advising
- Cultural activities
- 24 hour support services
- Medical and Accident insurance
- Full-time, native English Speaking staff
- Orientation and re-entry workshops
- Pre-departure preparation
- Marketing your study abroad seminar
- Digital Portfolio – inventorying your experience
- Independent Travel Advice