This course is intended to allow students to gain some professional experience and at the same time benefit from learning Spanish in a work environment. Students are placed in companies related to their field of expertise and education and acquire multicultural experience as well as developing a valuable international professional network.
- Lessons per week* : 20 + social and cultural immersion program.
- Students per class : 6 – 10 students per class.
- Minimum age : 18.
- Schedule : 9:15 to 13:05 or 13:30 to 14:55.
- Levels : pre-intermediate (A2) and above.
- Starting dates : Any Monday.
- * one lesson = 50 minutes
Students submit letter of presentation and CV. After a telephone interview ELA will select the internship placement. Students will be accompanied to the company and receive coaching throughout their stay. Applications must be presented a minimum of 2 months in advance (NON-EU citizens need to allow extra time for visa application procedures). Different durations of internship upon request. Limited place of paid work experience in hospitality industry available in main tourist areas throughout Spain (Balearic, Costa del Sol, Costa de la Luz, etc.). A variety of accommodations available during the whole stay.
We offer internships in the following sectors:
- Marketing and communication
- Law firms
- Import/export companies
- Tourism Office
- Chemical companies / Engineering
- Hotels and B+B
- September – April Start Date
• 6 weeks: $5,275
• 8 weeks: $6,075
• 10 weeks: $6,675
• 12 weeks: $7,175
- May – June Start Date
• 6 weeks: $4,775
• 8 weeks: $5,575
• 10 weeks: $6,175
• 12 weeks: $6,6175
You may customize your internship duration beyond the options listed here.
Homestay accommodations include breakfast and dinner daily and laundry service weekly.
Please inquire with a Barcelona ELA advisor about internships lasting longer than 12 weeks.
6-8 weeks includes one full week of intensive Spanish language classes.
Interns participate in several cultural activities aimed at providing an overall view of the culture outside of the work place. These activities take advantage of Sevilla as a living classroom and encourage integration.
Download an Example of A Typical Week in Sevilla
Download Document [PDF]
ELA staff will work with interns on resume writing, interview preparation and tips for public speaking and presentations in order to prepare them for the business world, no matter what field they are interested in.
At the end of the program, interns engage in a career coaching workshop titled: How to use this Internship Abroad Experience
All Internship Program Packages include:
• Guaranteed internship placement
• Some intensive Spanish classes (for internships of 6 weeks+)
• Airport pick-up (if student arrives on arrival date before specified arrival time)
• Housing for the duration
• Several cultural activities
• 24-hour support services
• Comprehensive medical and accident insurance
• Full-time, English speaking on-site staff
• Orientation and re-entry workshops
• Pre-departure advising
• Independent travel advice
• International Business Coaching
• Placement tailored to your interests
• Cultural integration activities
• Career Coaching
Read More about Internship Accomodations
Download Document [PDF]