This unique program offers study abroad students a unique experience, as they study and live in Sevilla , Spain, a city that The semester- and year-long study abroad program at Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO) provides a perfect setting, and a modern campus, providing students with plenty to explore and experience outside of the classroom as well.
Students on this program typically take an intensive Spanish language course at their skill level and two to three elective/local topics courses taught in either English or Spanish. The program is arranged such that participants enjoy studying and hanging out at a medium-sized Spanish university and interacting with local students, while benefiting from a more quaint and personalized classroom setting in a program designed specifically for study abroad students.
- Spring Semester: 21 January, 2017 – 23 May, 2018
- Application Deadlines: Spring Semester: October 30th
Students will earn at least 12 credits and enroll in courses at the UPO Center for Hispanic Studies.
Courses are taught in Spanish and English. Advanced students also have the opportunity to enroll in university courses alongside Spanish students. An innovative curricular feature is the service-learning seminar and internship.
Courses offered through Centro de Estudios para Extranjeros Program at UPO
Students in good standing and G.P.A. of 2.90
Students will earn at least 15 credits and Official transcript from Pablo de Olavide University
Students with advanced Spanish skills may be awarded the Diploma of Hispanic Studies.
Price and What is included
Spring 2017: $10,200
The semester in Sevilla Program at the UPO includes:
- Tuition Cost
- Official transcript from Pablo de Olavide University
- Airport Pick- up
- Orientation Session & Welcome Reception
- Up to 5 courses (a total of 15 U.S credits)
- 4 cultural/social activities during the semester
- A weekend excursion
- A student from Sevilla who will be your cultural ambassador
- Access to computer labs
- Access to the library and borrowing privileges
- Access to sports facilities (the gym requires an extra fee)
- Reduced price day trips to nearby places of interest (Córdoba, Ronda, etc.) Farewell Reception
- 24-hour support services
- Medical and accident insurance
- Full-time, English speaking staff
- Orientation and re-entry workshops
- Pre-departure advising
- Independent travel advice
Students will live with Spanish families in homestay arrangements which allow for a more complete immersion in Spanish language and local culture, as well as to better build cross-cultural dialogues. Students eat meals with local families, join them for activities and more fully experience life as Sevillanos.